The University of West London (UWL) offers an International Ambassador Scholarship programme for selected students up to £5,000 discount on first-year tuition fee. Not only does the scholarship programme provide financial support, it is a great way to meet peers also in their first year of study.
UWL expects International Ambassadors to be active representatives for the University who help showcase the institute to prospective international students. Additionally, Ambassadors may need to support events such as Open Days, participate in interviews, videos and photo-shoots with the Marketing department. Moreover, the International Ambassador Scholarship intends to recognize and provide financial support for outstanding students who wish to act as ambassadors for UWL.
Roles of International Ambassador
- 1. As an ambassador applicant will be an active representative of the University.
- 2. UWL expects applicants to participate in current and future promotional activities, and as such, will be interviewed and photographed by the marketing department.
- 3. Also, the scholar will also contribute from time to time in the promotion of the University by supporting events organized for scholars, as well as events organized by the International Office.
- 4. The scholar agrees no payment will be made for their participation in promotional activities.
- 5. Also, the scholar assigns to the University any intellectual property or other rights which are created as part of the promotional material.
- 6. The University reserves the right to revoke the scholarship in the event the scholar is not fulfilling the requirements of the role.
UWL awards the International Ambassador Scholarship on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate enthusiasm as well as the ability to be an excellent international student ambassador.
Applicants must be:
- 1. An offer holder for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at UWL, to commence study in January 2019. This means applicants must have already applied for a course of study at this University. Also, they must have already received an official offer from one of UWL Admissions Officers. As well as,
- 2. A self-funded overseas full fee-paying paying student
- Please note: EU applicants are not eligible.
Before applying please note the deadlines for each intake:
- 1. For courses starting in January, applications must be received by 30 November
- 2. For courses starting in May, applications must be received by 31 March
- 3. For courses starting in September, applications must be received by 30 June
The University of West London is a state subsidized school in the Unified Kingdom which has grounds in Ealing and Brentford in London, and in Perusing and Swamp in Berkshire.
The school has connects over to 1860, when the Woman Byron School was built up, which later got the chance to be Ealing School of Advanced education. In 1990, Ealing School of Advanced education, Thames Valley School of Advanced education, Ruler Charlotte’s School of Social insurance Studies and the London School of Music mixed to structure the Polytechnic of West London. In 1992, the Polytechnic of West London transformed into a school and grasped the name Thames Valley University. In 2004, Thames Valley joined with Perusing
School and Institute of Expressions and Plan. A past grounds in Bog was closed in 2010.
In August 2010, the school revealed that it had been enabled approval to change its name to the University of West London, to mirror a focusing of operations onto its Ealing and Brentford grounds. The new name was formally gotten on Wednesday 6 April 2011.
Bog was home to one of the grounds of Thames Valley University yet as a result of the Core of Quagmire expand the grounds was destroyed. Another justification for the school will be opened, overlooking the point of convergence of Bog with basic associations with Quagmire Transport Station, Swamp Railroad Station, High Road and the new Thames Valley Square.
The University of West London is searching for masterminding consent for the redevelopment of the St Mary’s Street site in Ealing. This endeavor will join the advancement of nine private units and one University House shorewards fronting The Recreation center. The redevelopment will liberally upgrade the workplaces for understudies, staff, Ealing tenants and the area gathering. The work will enhance the outside appearance of the site and furthermore upgrading the inward workplaces.
In the 2015 adaptation of the genuine rankings of English schools the school was set 97 out of 116 in The Gatekeeper school helper, and 110 out of 123 in The Autonomous related Finish University Guide,. More prepared data from 2010 gave the University 106 out of 122 in The Sunday Times University Guide and 110 out of 114 in The Circumstances Great University Guide.
In official figures circulated by Times Advanced education in July 2008, the school had the best graduate occupation record against its benchmark in the country, with practically 95% used inside a half year of graduating. More cutting-edge figures are open yet not permitted to the general populace.
HESA (Advanced education Insights Organization) took a gander at data taken from its audit that looks finishes of the line of graduates a half year in the wake of leaving propelled training against work execution pointers for all universities over the UK. 94.8% of graduates were used or in full-time direction inside a half year of leaving their course, which outperforms the school’s benchmark figure of 89.8% by 5% – the broadest edge of any of the general schools in the class tables (excepting specialist associations) – making the University of West London the best in the country in this adoration for graduate enlistment.